Organization Technical Requirements
Below is the software and hardware specifications considered necessary for typical Reliance iNexx installations. These specific requirements are for clinics. Configurations may require additional hardware based on the patient volume for the clinic.
Computers with the Following Operating Systems
Medicity requires an existing PC or server to host the Reliance iNexx Platform. This machine should be an “always on” system comprised of at least:
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Mac.
- Pentium 4 processor
- 2 GB Free RAM for Windows 7, Windows Vista (not recommended) and Windows Server 2003/2008
- 10 GB disk space (does not include OS, this is data storage only)
- Minimum connection requirement is a broadband or high-speed internet connection
- The Reliance iNexx platform is hosted in a secure environment to protect PHI; thus, clinics must have HTTPS access to the internet. HTTPS websites ensure accounts are secure and keep user communications, user identity and web browsing private.
- A local or network printer with factory printer drivers
- When using a label printer or the Scheduled Print feature, the printer must be installed on the computer that the Reliance iNexx Platform resides on.
Reliance is configured to run on:
- Microsoft’s Internet Explorer for Windows versions 7,8, or 9, which must be in “compatibility mode” (other versions are not supported)
- Note: If the clinic is running the Windows XP operating system, they must use Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer version.
- Microsoft’s Apple’s Safari® 5 (other versions are not supported) for Macintosh users.
- Mozilla Firefox is not supported but may have limited functionality.
- Google Chrome is not supported but may have limited functionality.
- Adobe Reader 9.2 or later (to view reports)
- Current updated antivirus software to protect PHI and comply with the HIPAA security rule
- For best viewing results, computer monitors should be set at a desktop resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher with fonts set at 100%.
Reliance User Requirements
To ensure an easy transition to Reliance and increase productivity, it is recommended all Reliance users:
- Have experience using computers
- Attend Reliance trainings on Reliance software
- Understand and abide by the Reliance user agreement on terms of access